New Markets Manager
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the New Markets Manager at any existing Save the Children International office location.
A key strategic prioriry for Save the Children International is developing supporters in areas of the world where we don’t have representation. This will be for both our global integrated digital campaign approach as well as supporter giving through digital channels. We have identified markets in Asia, Europe and the Middle East and are seeking to increase our team’s expertise in that area as well as fulfilling a key global remit.
This role sits within the Digital Public Engagement Team, an agile team, already working virtually before the pandemic, which provides strategic support and specialist technical guidance to our 27+ Members, most of them in Asia, Oceania, Europe and the Americas. This team also focuses on reaching out to new audiences and engaging with them in non-member markets with a special focus on a list of key markets.
As the New Markets Manager, you will have an exciting role working with the New Markets Specialist in the reporting, budget control, donor engagement and donor care areas.
This role will be key in helping develop our global digital fundraising program in markets where Save the Children doesn’t have an office presence, many of them in Eastern Asia, Europe and the Middle East. This role will also play a key role supporting Member offices by developing best practices from the testing done in non-member market.
This is a great opportunity to build upon a range of skills and gain excellent experience and knowledge while working in an international and multicultural environment.
The post holder works collaboratively with other roles within the Digital team, Comms, Data analysis group as well as the Transformation Delivery Department, Members, Regional and Country offices.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2 years of direct experience and proven success in the implementation of digital marketing/fundraising programs (ideally within an international NGO), and experience at the international level.
- Solid understanding and hands on experience developing supporters and donor development email marketing journeys using a marketing automation tool.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects and activities across several markets for an international organisation.
- Exceptional written communication skills in English. High level of attention to detail. Copy proofreading experience.
- Self-starter with experience working home-based
- Experience managing agency partners and other vendors.
- Solid understanding and experience with digital customer/donor development and retention.
- Solid understanding of web (in particular Google Analytics) and CRM analytics for testing and optimization.
- Technical expertise to understand technical digital marketing issues together with the ability to explain them using terms a non-specialist can clearly understand.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including the ability to inspire and mobilise people from diverse business areas, to deliver a coherent content strategy meeting multiple objectives
- Confident self-starter who can take the initiative to drive projects forward.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships across the organisation.Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity. Ability to work in a distributed team.
- Significant ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt work plans flexibly depending on external opportunities.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Fluent in English with excellent writing and speaking mandatory, additional language skills such as Spanish would be an asset.
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, and handle Marketing Automation tools and CRMs.
- Willing to travel to support needs of the role as required.
- Solid understanding and experience of developing and optimizing supporter/customer journeys landing pages and websites.
- Basic knowledge and experience using graphic design tools
- Understanding of digital payment systems.
- Ability to think critically, objectively, analytically and strategically, solve problems quickly.
- A positive, assertive and persuasive personality.
- Familiarity with content management systems. Proven work experience as a web editor.
- Ability to articulate the work of Save the Children with passion
We can offer circa £42,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 11 Jan 2022
Closing date: 11 Feb 2022 - 01:59 EET
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Communications and Media
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time